Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Beginning - (Chocolate Chip Cookies)

Here I am, two weeks into my last ever year of school. The last year I get to be a kid, fool around, hang out with my friends; basically continue with my irresponsible existence. After this year, who knows what life has in store for me? I sure don't.





It's also going to be the hardest and most demanding year of school I've had yet. In a few months I'm going to have to study like my life depends on it, and believe me, it will. But for now I'm happily enjoying my slowly yet surely diminishing free time and anticipating a certain opportunity to gain some exciting new experiences.


I made these chocolate chip cookies two weeks ago to take to school, but I was too busy and sometimes too lazy to post the recipe. This was the first time I had made choc chip cookie in a while, so I wanted to try something different. I chose Nigella lawson's recipe because it used melted butter, which is easier than creaming the butter and sugar so these cookies don't take a lot of time to make.



The resulting cookie was pretty good,,,,, fudgy,  yet with a crispy exterior. my friends loved them!
Get the recipe here.I'm not going to write it out because Nigella explains it pretty well.

I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make the cookies a little more chocolate-y but you don't have to. That is entirely up to you. I always tend to gravitate towards extra chocolate. The more there is, the better!
I don't like the chocolate chips we have in the supermarkets here in Sri Lanka. I never use them. For these cookies I used 300 grams of dark chocolate chopped up into little pieces.
Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I like to try to power through school with cookies too! :)

    ReplyDelete